DSC teachers use the immersion teaching methodology as well as various tested techniques to improve students’ skills and confidence in the use of a foreign language. We offer our students a range of courses for various purposes. Contact Ludmila Schuster , School Director, to apply for any of the courses below (email@example.com).
Due to the COVID19 Pandemics, our classes will meet via ZOOM during the Fall 2020 and possibly Winter and Spring 2021. Please check back later for more info.
Children and Youth German Course Information
Location: ZOOM (Later: The Episcopal Church of the Good Samaritan • 333 NW 35th St, Corvallis, OR 97330; You will find us in the Education Wing classrooms.)
Time: We teach in three terms (same as the OSU terms): Fall, Winter and Spring, but provide extra events and activities during the school year as well as during the summer (please follow the Facebook or contact us). Each term, we meet for 10 weeks for 25/30, 45, or 60-min. long classes.
THIS ACADEMIC YEAR WILL BE ONLY VIA ZOOM.
We provide language instruction for children ages 4+ and youth students.
- We teach in small groups, not to exceed 8 students in the classroom or 6 students in ZOOM
- If there are 4 or more students in a zoom class, we have an assistant available to split the group for reading and speaking activities.
- We use textbook series “Hallo Anna” for K-2 and “Deutschmobil” for instruction of children grades 2+.
- We love to offer additional educational events (presentations, conversation circles and theme-based activities). Look for our free classes on the website.
During our ZOOM year, we teach group classes not to exceed 6 students and individual classes.
- Pre-K to Grade 1: a 25-min twice/week in a group or individual classes;
- Grade 2+: a combination of 60-min group class plus 25-min individual class weekly;
- Any students with no prior knowledge: a 25-min. individual class twice a week for the first term, and slow transition into small group classes within the second term with us.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org