DSC teachers use the immersion teaching methodology and content-based learning as well as various tested techniques to improve students’ skills and confidence in the use of a foreign language. We offer our students a range of courses for various purposes. Contact Ludmila Schuster , School Director, to apply or for any information (firstname.lastname@example.org).
During 2022-23, we will offer all classes in-person and via zoom.
Children and Youth German Course Information
Location: ZOOM or Episcopal Church of the Good Samaritan
The Episcopal Church of the Good Samaritan • 333 NW 35th St, Corvallis, OR 97330. You will find us in the Education Wing classrooms.
Time: We teach in three terms (same as the OSU terms): Fall, Winter and Spring (10 weeks each), but we provide extra events and activities during the school year as well as during the summer (please follow the Facebook or contact us). Each term, we meet for 10 weeks for 25/30, 45, or 60-min. long classes, and their combination.
We provide language instruction for children ages 4+ and youth students.
- We teach in small groups, not to exceed 8 students in the classroom or 6 students on ZOOM
- If there are 4 or more students in a class, we have an assistant available to divide the group for reading and speaking activities.
- We use textbook series “Hallo Anna” for K-2 and “Deutschmobil” for instruction of children grades 2+.
- We offer additional educational events (presentations, conversation circles and theme-based activities). Look for our free classes on the website.
- Pre-K to Grade 1 – in-person: a 60-min group class for 4-5 year olds, and 75-min group class for 6-8 years olds,
- plus a 30-min once or twice/week individual classes in-person or zoom (prices vary);
- Grade 2+: a combination of 90-min group class in-person plus 30-min individual class weekly via zoom or in-person;
- Any students with no prior knowledge that would like to learn online only: a 30-min. individual class twice a week for the first term, and slow transition into small group classes within the second term with us.
For more information, please contact email@example.com